Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Alma Mater: Saying goodbye to Tracey

I recently traveled back to the University of Wisconsin to attend the memorial service for my college adviser, Tracey Gladstone-Sovell. She was one of the first people I met on campus back in 1998, she was one of the people I say daily as I went through my courses and she kept in touch with me after I graduated. I will miss her dearly and I am proud to say I was one of her students.

(Photo from Sept 2008 in Minneapolis at health care house party)

While back on campus, I met with a couple of my favorite professors, talked to some budding poly sci students (and some graduated ones), and popped in to the new University Center. And I have to say I was stunned by it. Really, a truly amazing building. I remember back when I was on the Student Senate we approved the money to build it. And, everyone I talked to about it seemed pleased with it.

Inside of the University Center:

Outside of the Center:

On the way to the airport, I stopped to see Mary Jo and the twins, grabbed a cup of coffee with Brian and met my mom for a nice lunch (I sure wish I lived closer so I could have lunches like that more often).

Overall it was a good trip and I am glad I got to be there.

No comments: